- Top 3 Overall Male and Female Finishers
- Top 2 Masters, Male and Female (40+)
- Top 2 Grand Masters Male and Female (50+)
- Top 2 Super Senior Male and Female (65+)
5K & 10K
- Top 2 Overall
- Top Master, Male and Female (40+)
- Top Grand Master, Male and Female (50+)
- Top Super Senior, Male and Female (65+)
- Top 2 Male and Female
Team Competition and Awards
Team Awards will be presented to the top two teams in the 5K, 10K and 15K races. Teams must have at least one member of each sex and may have as many members as they want, with the top four runners scoring on an age and sex graded basis. This year we also want to recognize the team that raises the most money for the Boys and Girls Clubs, The Refuge House or The Kearney Center. Team captains should download and submit a team roster. Contact Tim Unger at email@example.com for more information.
Kent Vann Partners in Excellence Grants – Be a GWTC Turkey Trot Youth Strider
People of all ages in Tallahassee love to run. Among the most dedicated runners are our elementary and middle school runners. Gulf Winds is committed to helping this age group by providing grants, instruction and opportunity.
Schools can qualify for a Turkey Trot Partners in Excellence Grant in a number of ways.
Turkey Trot Participation
The first set of grants will go to the middle and elementary schools that score the most Turkey Trot finisher points. The middle school and the elementary school that earn the most points for finishers in the Turkey Trot races will receive a $300 grant and a trophy to display. Schools receive 2 points for every student and teacher of the school who finish one of the races on Thanksgiving Day and one point for every family member or school employee who finishes one of the races. Schools must have a minimum of 50 participants to win top prizes. Second place teams will win $150 if they have at least 30 participants. All teams with 20 or more participants will receive special recognition.
We also want to recognize the top middle and elementary schools that donate the most toiletry items, canned goods or clothing items. Items must be in good shape. The schools that bring the most donations for friends in need will receive $300 while the second-place school will receive $150.
So far, everything has been about Thanksgiving Day. Running is a year-round sport though, and so for those students who can’t wait for Thanksgiving, sign up for Turkey Trot Striders and start training right away! Register here.
Participate in Local Racing Circuit – Striders can earn 10 points for completing any of the following races.
- Run/Walk for Sickle Cell Anemia – September 14
- Women’s Distance Festival – September 21
- Race 4 Readiness – October 19
- Elementary School Cross Country Championships – October 25
- Rex Cleveland Magic! Mile – November 20
- Turkey Trot – November 28
Receive 5 points for each practice that you attend. Run with your school or with the Turkey Trot Striders. Turkey Trot Striders will meet at:
- Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.,at Maclay School on the back side of the school track. 3737 N Meridian Rd
- Thursdays at 5:45 p.m., at the Forest Meadows Parks and Athletic Center at 4750 N. Meridian Road
Based on the number of races or training practices completed, runners will receive special recognition:
- 25 miles – Turkey Trot Strider Racing Shirt
- 50 miles – Free entry to the Rex Cleveland Magical Mile
- 150 miles – Gulfwinds Striders racing shirt
- 500 miles – Free entry to Turkey Trot and special medal recognizing status as a GWTC TT Strider.
Log your miles and either give them to your coach at school or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Registered Teams will receive:
- 4 weeks of running training plans for students K-8
- A customizable chart for tracking each student’s progress
- A special invitation to participate in the Pep Rally at the Turkey Trot Festival
- A chance to help your school win up to $1000 in grants
- A bag of goodies to promote healthy living
In both the Elementary and Middle School Category 1st and 2nd Place Awards will be given for:
- Most Participants (including teachers, parents, and friends): $300 and $150
- Must have at least 50 participants to qualify for the 1st place award.
- Must have at least 30 participants to qualify for the 2nd place award.
- Most Canned Goods: $300 and $150