Organizer or main contact: Tonya Smith (Premier Fitness and Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare for Life), Jon Manry (Capital City Runners), and David Yon (Race Director).
• How to contact: Facebook pages: GWTC Training Groups; Turkey Trot : EventBrite Registration; Tonya Smith at, Jon Manry, and David Yon.
• Main purpose or goal: GWTC, Premier Fitness Center, Capital City Runners and Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare are joining forces to create the best Tallahassee Turkey Trot Training Group ever! Runners will have an opportunity to participate in up to four training groups a week. In addition to those training groups, runners are invited to two panel discussions – the first on Tuesday, September 26, starting at 7:15 and the second on October 10, also starting at 7:15. Both will be at Premier Health & Fitness Center. They will get you ready to run your distance of choice on Thanksgiving. Register at Eventbrite or training spot. (no cost!). Runners are encouraged to bring donations of food items like rice, beans, cans of soup, canned fruit and vegetables, dry pasta and jar pasta, toilet paper and laundry detergent. GWTC member Jude Dugas works with the Big Bend Homeless Coalition – Advocates for Veteran’s Housing Program. He will collect the donations and make sure they get to the people who need them. For complete details/schedule, check out the Eventbrite event listing or view the flyer.
• Monday at 6:00 p.m. in Southwood (Either Town Center or Start of TT Races)
• Wednesday at 5:30 at Premier Fitness Center (3521 Maclay Boulevard)
• Thursday at 6:00 p.m. at Capital City Runners (1817 Thomasville Rd)
• Saturday at 8:00 a.m. at Cascades Park (1001 S. Gadsden St.)