Turkey Trot Super Friends and Heroes
This Thanksgiving Day the Tallahassee Turkey Trot will celebrate its 39th anniversary, and we are expecting a record-breaking turnout. And we want to make sure that translates into more giving than ever for our organizations in the Tallahassee community that you help us support. Last year was, in spite of the cold weather, one of the biggest Thanksgiving Day Celebrations yet – nearly 5000 runners crossed the finish line in the 2013 Tallahassee Turkey Trot, and they responded generously as more than $35,000 was donated to The Shelter, The Refuge House and the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Big Bend. You also brought nonperishable food items, clothes, toiletries and much more. You supported the Kent Vann Partners in Excellence Program reach out to our middle and elementary schools.
Every participant made this happen just by being part of the Tallahassee Turkey Trot – through your presence and your registration fees. These groups also benefited greatly from the support of the countless number of Turkey Trot Heroes who gave above and beyond their registration fees. But the needs of the children and adults being served through the Shelter, the Boys and Girls Clubs and the Refuge House keep growing. So this year we are expanding the Turkey Heroes Program and the effort will be Turkey Trot Super Friends and Heroes. The goal for our Super Friends and Heroes is simple – raise more money than ever before. I am really excited that Alexis Gaston-Woodcock has stepped up to take charge of this program and take it to a new level. She is the CEO of Just Get Fit and one of the best fitness instructors in town. She is more than ready to answer you questions about the TT Super Friends and Heroes Program. Or you can email me at The Turkey
Turkey Trot Super Friends
The 2014 Thanksgiving Day Tallahassee Turkey Trot is excited to introduce its Super Friends Fundraising Challenge with Individual and Team Competition. With the support from our Turkey Trot Heroes and Super Heroes in years past, from those generously donating funds to The Shelter, The Refuge House, and The Boys and Girls Club of the Big Bend, we have realized that we as a community can do more to help those in need. With that said, let the competition BEGIN!
Our Turkey Trot Super Friends have the opportunity to go out in the community to raise funds for one of are all three of the Turkey Trot Beneficiaries – The Refuge House, The Shelter and the Boys and Girls Clubs.
- Super Individual Friends – the Individual that raises the MOST money wins a GRAND PRIZE!
- Costume Competition – Raise $100 or more and Win the Best “Super Friends – Individual” Costume Contest” AND receive another PRIZE!
- ALL Super Individual Friends – raising $100 or more will receive a commemorative 2014 drawstring backpack.
- Get a “selfie” for FREE! Raise $100 of MORE and it’s YOURS! – for any and all SUPER FRIENDS – Individual that REACH this GOAL, professional photographer Ryan Gay of Endurance Imaging will be READY to take your BEST shot!
Our Turkey Trot Teams of Super Friends - Teams have the opportunity to go out in the community and raise funds for any and all three of the supported Turkey Trot organizations.
- The Team of Super Friends that raises the MOST money wins a GRAND PRIZE as a Team!
- The Team that Raises at least $250 and wins Best “Super Friends - Team Costume Contest” will receive a PRIZE, too!
- Those Super Friends - Teams raising $250 or more will receive commemorative 2014 drawstring backpack for the top five Team Members and an additional drawstring backpack for each $100 raised.
- Get a “selfie” for FREE! Raise $250 of MORE and it’s YOURS! – a professional photo of your TEAM of SUPER FRIENDS - professional photographer Ryan Gay of Endurance Imaging will be READY to take your BEST shot!
Get Started at: Turkey Trot Friends. Once there click on set up your own fundraiser to create your own team or individual page. Or find a team or individual already listed and contribute to them.
Turkey Trot Heroes
Don’t care for all of that fundraising fun? Then be a Turkey Trot Hero or Superhero. Once again we are asking our Turkey Trot Heroes to donate $35 either to The Refuge House, The Shelter or the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Big Bend. Your entire donation will go directly to the cause you designate. Heroes will receive a special commemorative gift. As a Turkey Trot Hero, you will also receive a special gold star that you can proudly wear on your race bib on Thanksgiving Day! And if you want to reach for an even higher level of $50, you can be a Super Hero and receive two commemorative gifts. Most importantly, your generosity will make a difference in someone’s life. You will have the opportunity to become a Turkey Trot Hero during the registration process; however, if you are unable to attend, you may still contribute by mailing a check or contribute online (no additional processing fees) at Eventbrite.com.
Donate at Turkey Trot Heroes
Last year, more than $35,000 was donated to The Shelter, The Refuge House, and The Boys and Girls Club of the Big Bend. These groups benefited greatly from the support of the Turkey Trot Heroes and Super Heroes. We believe that joined by our Super Friends will only Rock the Trot and break all of our giving records! You will make a difference, a POSITIVE difference in someone’s life!